Host your own community film screening and discussion of this powerful and startling film. Find out how it can lead to change in our own communities! Find out how you can host an Unnatural Causes House Party today!
The Interfaith Council for Peace and Justice is honored to promote the powerful PBS documentary Unnatural Causes. This film explores how population health is shaped by the social and economic conditions in which we are born, live and work. Through portraits of individuals and families across the United States, the series reveals the root causes and extent of our alarming health inequities and searches for solutions. Along the way it confronts the inadequacy of conventional explanations like genetics, individual behaviors or even access to quality health care.
Sign up today to host this transformative film to determine how it can lead to change within your own community.
Our Goal: to expose individuals and community groups within Washtenaw County and throughout Southeast Michigan to this film to empower them to take meaningful action for justice on health issues within their communities
Hosting an Unnatural Causes Showing
Host a showing of the film for your organization, workplace, club, class, or other group.
- · Film and screening equipment
- · Facilitation of post-film discussion/debrief (if desired)
- · Assistance with the development of meaningful action suggestions for justice on this issue (a suggested action sheet is provided to participants – these suggestions can be tailored to fit the needs of your community)
Host is responsible for:
- · Venue (requirements: adequate space for participant seating, electrical outlets, accessible for people with disabilities; preferred: parking available)
- · Event promotion
- · Participation of host’s group
Visit www.unnaturalcauses.org for more information on the film series.
If you’re interested in hosting a showing of Unnatural Causes for your own community group, congregation, organization, or club, please contact at Grace or (734) 663-1870.