Congregational sanctuary is a safe space,Â traditionally located within a faith community, school, or hospital building,Â culturally recognized as â€œoff limitsâ€ by law enforcement agents.
UPDATE:Â Local Man on Life Support, Facing Deportation, Enters Sanctuary
Washtenaw Congregational Sanctuary (WCS) is an interfaith coalition of congregations, and unaffiliated individuals, throughout Washtenaw County who have joined together to support immigrants and their families in our community. The group is led by the Interfaith Council for Peace and Justice (ICPJ) and the Washtenaw Interfaith Coalition for Immigrant Rights (WICIR). WCS formed in January 2017 in response to intensified and increasingly unjust activities of Immigration and Customs Enforcement (ICE) in our community.
- Educate ourselves and others about immigration issues
- Prepare a network of support for any congregation in our community offering sanctuary to an individual or family in danger of being unjustly detained and deported
- Advocate for immigration policy reform
- Harness the energy of social justice volunteers who support immigration reform
- What is Washtenaw Congregational Sanctuary? (Brochure)
- Washtenaw Congregational Sanctuary Slide Presentation (Powerpoint)
- Washtenaw Congregational Sanctuary Individual Pledge Form (PDF)
- Facebook Page – Washtenaw Congregational Sanctuary Events and Postings (Like/follow to stay up-to-date!)
CONTACT US FOR MORE INFORMATION
or to schedule a presentation for your group
- Phone: 734 663-1870
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Donate to Washtenaw Congregational Sanctuary
Thank you for your interest in Washtenaw Congregational Sanctuary!