We have a variety of opportunities that are sure to meet your schedule. Call us at 734-663-1870 to find out more information.
Volunteer with one of ICPJ’s task forces:
- Racial and Economic Justice
- Global Warming
- Latin America
Task forces have varied meeting schedules and projects. Contact [email protected] or call 734-663-1870 for details.
Help ICPJ connect with and involve our members in work for social justice. The membership coordinator will:
- Work with staff and volunteers to ensure that we track donations, sign-ups, and participation in events;
- Follow up with people who express interest in getting more involved in ICPJ;
- Coordinate mailings and other efforts to invite people who sign up with ICPJ to become members;
- Identify lapsed members and work with staff to renew their memberships;
- Must be proficient with computers, particularly Microsoft Excel. This position requires more advanced computer skills. We can teach the particular skills to a volunteer who has the aptitude;
- Detail-oriented, reliable
Coordinate the writing, editing, layout and printing of the quarterly ICPJ Newsletter. A volunteer may take on all or some of the duties below:
- Work with staff and volunteers to identify potential articles for the ICPJ newsletter
- recruit and follow up with volunteers to write articles
- Copy edit articles prior to publication
- lay out newsletter
- Work with staff and volunteers to print newsletter and prepare it for mailing
- strong “real-world” writing and editing skills
- Computer proficiency, preferably including desktop publishing software such as Microsoft Publisher
- ability to meet a deadline
Prospective volunteers for this position will be required to submit a writing sample.
Poverty Simulation volunteer
Help ICPJ put on our welfare simulation by volunteering to play a role in the simulation such as grocer, legal assistant, pawn shop worker, etc.
In this world of YouTube and Internet video, why should we limit who sees our talks to the people who can show up that night? Let’s use this technology to open things up to more people! We’re looking for someone who can record events and publish them online. We can provide some basic equipment or you can use your own. And if you’re looking for more than just recording events, we have a few other projects in mind that could be a lot of fun.
Whenever we have an event, we use fliers, postcards, and other print materials to get the word out. We would love to have help from someone with graphic design background and artistic vision! This internship may be extended beyond summer/fall and hours may be primarily completed off-site.
Bring / make food for events such as Dinner & a Movie Series, CROP Walk, etc…
Help with mailings for newsletters, fundraising mailings, and other mailings as they come up.
You can make sure that the word gets out about all the great events ICPJ organizes. including posting fliers and other related activities.
House Party Coordinator
Help ICPJ members spread the word and promote action on current social justice issues through house parties (currently focusing on the issue of health disparities by income and race). Work with community members to organize their house party events, attend events, and help facilitate discussion and actions for justice.
“Create Your Own Volunteer Position”
Share your idea with us! If we can find a way to make it work, then we will make it happen!
Please let us know what you would be interested in by calling 734-663-1870 or emailing [email protected]. Be sure to tell us the best way to contact you so that way you get get started as soon as possible!