The core of ICPJ’s work comes from our six volunteer-led program areas and working groups. These program committees bring people together from a variety of religions and backgrounds to work on a specific peace and justice issue. To join one of the program’s task forces, call (734) 663-1870.
- Hunger – Organizes the CROP Hunger Walk to address hunger locally and around the world. CROP Hunger Walk Planning Committee meets once per month. Call the office at, (734) 663-1870 or email Germaine, firstname.lastname@example.org to get involved.
- Latin America – Opposes U.S. militarism in Latin America, especially by the U.S. School of the Americas/WHINSEC, a military training institute in Ft. Benning, GA. Meets every month at different locations. Call the office or email Jane, email@example.com, to get involved.
- Racial & Economic Justice – Explores ways to confront racism and promote justice for the poor in our community. Meets monthly at the ICPJ Office, 1414 Hill St. Ann Arbor, MI 48104. Call the office or email Chuck, firstname.lastname@example.org, to get involved.
- Climate Change and Earth Care – Works with religious and community groups to stop global warming and promote environmental protection. Meets monthly at the ICPJ Office, 1414 Hill St. Ann Arbor, MI 48104. Call the office or contact Jane, email@example.com, to get involved.
- One Human Family Campaign– Addresses issues of immigration and refugee resettlement through 4 sub-groups: political action, bystander intervention training, understanding relationships, and direct service. Call the office or email firstname.lastname@example.org to get involved.
For 2015, we did a series of focuses programming on the theme of Food and Jusitice: An Interfaith Exploration of How our Food Choices Impact our Environment, our Economy and our Neighbors
While our commitment to peace with social and environmental justice is unchanging, the ways we work on that adapt to the times. Here are a few of our recent past projects:
- Voices for the Prevention of Gun Violence – Organized community members and groups to educate communities on issues of gun safety and works toward reducing gun violence.
- NO Weapons, NO War – Focuses on promoting alternatives to military engagement and eliminating nuclear weapons and other weapons of indiscriminate warfare.
- Common Ground for Peace in Israel/Palestine – Unites people of different faith backgrounds to work together on issues of Middle East peace.
Comments Off on Program Areas