THIS POSITION HAS BEEN FILLED.
Position: 3/4 to full-time staff (30—40 hours/week)
PROGRAM AND DEVELOPMENT COORDINATOR – Progressive interfaith community organization seeks ¾ to full-time coordinator for program development, organizing, fundraising, education and activism. Send cover letter and resume with three references to email@example.com to apply.
Organization: Founded in 1965, the Interfaith Council for Peace & Justice (ICPJ) empowers people of faith and people of conscience in the Washtenaw County/Ann Arbor, Michigan area to act on their moral and religious values to build a better world. Linking international, national and local issues, ICPJ advocates the involvement of congregations and community members in the important ethical dilemmas we face. Staff and active volunteers focus on racial and economic justice, war and gun violence, hunger concerns, climate change, the Middle East, and Latin America.
- Lead staff person on ICPJ development activities, including member recruitment, individual solicitation, and fundraising events, including preparation for 50th year celebrations.
- In concert with other staff, responsible for effective implementation of ICPJ programs, including direct responsibility for the engagement of volunteers in meaningful campaigns and activities. Support volunteers, provide informational resources and materials, coordinate public events, facilitate meetings, etc.
- Work as a team with other ICPJ staff on administrative tasks including phone coverage, data processing, and other help as needed.
- Some evening and weekend work will be required.
The ideal candidate will have:
- Commitment to peace and justice
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Openness to working with people from a variety of faiths and backgrounds
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to work well in team/group settings
- Self-motivation and ability to work independently
- Time-management skills
- Experience with development work, including both fundraising events and individual solicitation
- Community organizing experience
- Experience with word and data processing software
- Public speaking skills
Salary and Benefits: The position may be filled as a ¾-time or full-time position. Starting salary will be based on a $32,000-$40,000 full time salary, depending on experience. Three weeks of vacation, increasing to 4 weeks after the first year, ten paid holidays, ten paid sick days. Flexible scheduling. Health care stipend available.
Target Start date: November/December 2013
Application: Please send cover letter and resume with three references to: firstname.lastname@example.org.